In Episode #74 I’m pulling back the curtain on Marketing on Social Media.
I know it gets overwhelming, but, if people aren’t seeing the content that you’re creating, you’re literally throwing your time and energy away.
- Your content will not share itself unless, of course, it goes viral. It is up to you to promote the content that you are pouring all the hard work into!
KNOW YOUR PLATFORMS
- Facebook: For friends and family *DON’T do business there or your content will be hidden. Create a Facebook page for all business content where you are going to promote/sell and then boost a post for the most visibility.
- Instagram: For personal branding and marketing, make sure you have a business or creator account. The amount of your followers is not as important as your engagement rating. Meaning, gone are the days that you follow/unfollow or buy followers. IG wants to see that your followers are interacting with your posts by liking and/or commenting.
- YouTube: A search engine: great for service-based providers to be seen and heard: coaches, speakers, teachers, trainers, etc…. People search How-To videos on these sites
- Pinterest: A search engine, people are looking for How To’s here as well, research keywords and what users are searching for by typing your subject in the search bar and letting it auto-populate key phrases *10 pins per episode. * Have a business account so that you can track your analytics
- LinkedIn: B2B networking, speakers, authors, podcast hosts: write articles Once a week: Blog Posts, Industry News, How-To & Lists, Quick Tips, Business Event Photos, Updates about your business
- TikTok: the new wild west of social media: remember when you could put anything you want on Instagram and people saw it? Well, that’s how it is on TikTok. There is no algorithm that actively shuts down your content. You can have zero followers and go viral. However, things to know. The majority of users are 12-year-old girls…. And they can be ruthless. That being said, producing as much content as possible on TikTok is key and great for brand awareness. You don’t have to overthink what you shoot, 15 or 60-second videos that get your message across. Make sure that whatever you post either entertains or educates.
For The Power Project Podcast:
- We record on our host platform and schedule to publish on Thursdays at 6:00 am
- A graphic with the guest’s headshot & and a quote is shared on The Power Project IG with my saved hashtags: personal development, women in business, self-love, general podcast promotion, etc (keep these in my notes)
- Show notes are typed up with a summary of the episode and tangible takeaways are listed in clear “how-to steps” on the episode page
- Those show notes are then copied and turned into a blog post on my website with the audio recording (SPREAKER) of the episode embedded in the blog post, publishes on Thursday.
- The show notes are then shortened with key takeaways & turned into a newsletter (FloDesk) as well that is scheduled for Tuesday morning at 6:24 (the best time to email in the morning & more emails are read on Tuesdays than Mondays).
- The newsletter has a link to iTunes episodes & Spotify episodes (people can listen on an iPhone or Samsung/Android). Newsletter readers are also pointed to my Facebook group: Power Squad where we can hang out and get to know each other better.
- I then take the podcast episode and create Pinterest pins for it.
- I use Canva for my graphics (which has Pinterest dimensions that you need). These pins give a brief takeaway with “3 things to know” “How to” etc…. Just enough to catch the reader’s attention and encourage them to click for more. The pin then points the reader back to my blog, the landing page for my email opt-in, or the episode itself.
- Each pin is designed with what course of action I want to guide the audience to choose.
- If my episodes are business-related, I turn the blog into a LinkedIn article with the How-To steps included and circle readers back to the episode
Email Want to check out the best email platform I have ever tried? I’m not even kidding guys, l love the templates and layouts, and it’s so easy to use!
Use code POWERPROJECT for 50% OFF!
Thinking about starting a podcast? You’re going to want to check out the Class for Beginners that I created over on Skillshare! Did you know you can learn all types of new information over there? Take a look at my Podcasting 101 course and while you’re at it, see if there’s anything else you want to learn. Use my code to get two free months of Skillshare to learn whatever new skill it is that you need to step into your purpose! ?? https://skl.sh/2lpoNBU
I wrote a book y’all! Check out www.thepowerprojectbook.com to get your very own copy of The Power Project: A Journey of Purpose!
Look at all that gold I just gave you!
Can you Pretty Please go write a review and give me a rating? ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️